Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Happy International Women's Day!!!


To all of those daughters, mothers, aunts, nieces, cousins and above all sisters (because we are all sisters), 

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY!!!

May we be bold, beautiful, strong, adventurous, curious, loving, hopeful, exemplary, kind, patient, critical, humble and wonderful as we were created. There is so much responsibility and beauty in being a woman.We have the opportunity to give life, although this is sometimes complicated and seen as a burden in society. We have the opportunity to have maternal instincts to love and guide, although sometimes people see this as a weakness. We have the opportunity to physically support life of babies, although people sometimes complain that this beautiful and basic ability is over sexualized or not seen for what it is. 

There are always going to be criticisms and complaints and debates over different subjects. One thing that is so beautiful may be seen by others as something to challenge, or an injustice. Over all, we must remember that that makes us unique and special as women is something that bonds us, and when we grow with our sisters and support our sisters, it should be in love. Especially for my sisters in Christ, it is our responsibility to support and also push our sisters when they are going through happy times, hard times, or making wrong decisions. Sometimes supporting our sisters means pointing out that what they are doing is against Christ, and when we do, we are called to do that in love. 

Above all... love. 


13 "If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

Happy International Women's Day! 

We have come so far as far as having the ability to participate in society, have a say in life, be given opportunities to be educated and to educate but there are still so many women out there without this opportunity. Also, I would like to give a shout out to all those men out there who support women in their daily lives as family members and politically. We are a society of not just women and it takes men supporting women for us to be seen as equals!

Thank you to all of my friends who work so hard to support other women whether it is in the anti human trafficking movement, in the educational sector, in our churches and in our personal lives. You know who you are and thank you millions. Without your support, inspiration and motivation I would not be where I am now. You are all AMAZINGGGGG!

Lastly,  and possibly most importantly, let us remember and make efforts when we can to help even the playing field and support those women who still yearn for those basic rights that we all should be offered, especially education and the freedom to participate in the world! 


God bless always, to all you women and men!
Christine

1 comment:

  1. Happy International Women's Day Christine... I totally agree we need to support each other even if don't always agree with each other and we need to stand up for people who otherwise cannot... xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the lovely comment. God bless & stay Be-you-tiful!